For the Kids (March 13th edition)
While I was caught up in Happy Black Girl Day!, the rest of the world kept turning. As usual, all types of tricks went down this week.
- The Miseducation of our children continues. Ultraconservatives made radical changes to primary education textbooks.
- 48% of Black women have herpes. PLEASE get tested and treated! (find a free clinic here, and check symptoms here)
- Christians are being urged to boycott Glenn Beck because of his attacks on Christianity and social justice.
- The apocalypse is nigh. Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann (whom I like to call “crazy eyes“) have teamed up.
- So a man married a pillow. Are times really this bad? (After re-reading this post, I guess they are).
Well, to end on a positive note. Here is a clip from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. I LOVED this movie! It’s just a fantasy, and has no subliminal themes or meanings, but nonetheless, I walked out feeling like I ought to be living my dreams, bump what the ‘hood says. Enjoy!